Today I’m going to be sharing 20 things I’ve learned from being on this earth for 20 years!
Yup – ya girl turns 21 this coming week and I couldn’t be more excited!
All I want for this special birthday, though? Just my family. And all through the month, I’ll have special times with my Husband, my parents, and my in-loves!
I remember turning 20, it was exciting and special and wonderful.
My parents, all through my “growing up” years made sure that each birthday was celebrated well and that it was a memorable day – when I was older we started taking trips because my birthday fell sooooo close to Easter, it was hard to really plan a party!
I didn’t have a blog at 15, but I do vaguely remember that it was this age that I started thinking (and sometimes writing down!) things I had learned at that age. It was always interesting and taught me to enjoy each age and try to live in the present.
Let’s face it – you’re only 15,16, 20, 21 or any age one time in your life! You better make the most of it.
So today (now that I do have a blog) I’ll be sharing my 20 things I learned at 20 – I hope you stick around and maybe, just maybe, learn something too!
- God always has a plan – just trust Him. Don’t intervene and make God’s decisions, because He’ll put it right back in your face!
- Self-confidence is not found in peoples opinion of you, or what other people think. It’s found in Christ and who He made you to be.
- When you find God’s perfect match for you (mine being my Husband, Sam) trust God and go for it, don’t let it slip away!
- Finding who you are is only found when you find Christ.
- Material things mean little in the long run – you’ll be a happier person if you love material things less and people more.
- You control you emotions – aggravation, anger, sadness. No one else. You have to control this in order to rise above the bad and take the high road.
- Think before you speak – once words are said they cannot ever be taken back.
- Marriage is God’s finishing school, a happy marriage revolves around the husband and wife + God.
- Eventually you will find girlfriends that aren’t catty and have your best interest in mind, just be patient!
- Don’t compare your life to someone elses life – you were made to be you and they were made to be them. There is nothing wrong with that.
- No, you don’t know everything (no one ever will) and yes you will need help sometimes – but don’t let this fact make you not try.
- Be brave!
- Life is hard, so take tough moments and make them laughable. Shrug it off, and smile.
- When you’re faced with a decicion and need to make a choice, think clearly and with your head. Be logical – but also listen to your heart.
- Your tastes and interests, even hobbies, are part of who you are. But not who you are!
- Learn lessons and then move on. Life is like a car – a huge windsheild and a tiny rear-view mirror. It takes more effort to look behind you than loking forward. Look forward.
- Listen to your gut & intution – God placed it there for a reason.
- Protect your marrige, and God will bless you for it.
- Sometimes you will bit off more than you can chew – don’t spit it out, instead see it as a challenge and win!
- Never forget Whose you are – and the Blood that bought you.
So there you have it, friends!
20 things I’ve learned in 20 years – it feels so good to be able to archive all this now on the blog!
I love being able to share with all of you, it’s such a blessing in my life!
This coming week I’ll be sharing how we made our raised beds – so be on the lookout for that!
Happy Saturday, friends!